I forgot to write a couple of weeks ago about a small thing Samantha did. Previously she used to see "meeee" when we asked her what a cow says. All of a sudden one day she figured it out and now she says "moooo." She is really catching onto things.
It seems like lately our little girl is trying to figure out the words "ours", "yours", and "mine." She tries to use them but doesn't always get them in right. We have a couple of Christmas CD's that are for her-they are kids singing. Of course, most of the music is mine. She often says "yours" when referring to my music.
Samantha has done amazingly well with the tree. She continues really not to touch it or even the gifts we put out this weekend. In fact, I don't think she's even acknowledged the gifts that are under the tree and they are for her!
Today Samantha is sick! For a bit I was wondering if it was just teeth but a constant fever for over a day and the lack of movement that she's been doing has me convinced it's a little bit more. She just hasn't been her normal self and is quite warm most of the time. We hope that she gets better fast as we're supposed to leave for our Christmas vacation Wednesday.
I had another doctor's appointment this week. As of Monday, the 17th, I'll be 28 weeks already. Wow, where does the time fly. Again, dad and Samantha went along and the entire way there Samantha talked about the baby and heart after we told her we were going to listen to the baby's heartbeat. The little guy is doing well and growing like he should. His heartrate was 140 bpm. I am doing fine and didn't gain as much weight this time--good! I don't think he is as quite as active as Samantha was and his movements are different. At this point he probably weighs nearly 2 lbs and is 10 inches from rump to crown.
While on vacation we won't have any internet access so we won't be able to update our blog as usual. I'm sure once we get back we'll have lots of pictures though so keep checking back.
We hope everyone has a very safe and merry Christmas. Keep warm and we'll try to do the same.
We pulled out the tub crayons again and Samantha loves them...

Samantha's bangs were getting very long and she just wouldn't keep a barrette in so we decided to trim them...

She loves the clemintine oranges and can peel them herself...

Mom and Samantha...

Annual Christmas photo...
No comments:
Post a Comment