Sunday, June 28, 2009

This was a week of errands. Ugh, I think we can quit running errands any time and I'd be fine. the kids, as usual, were great sports about the whole thing. We tried to run our errands in the mornings and then hit the pool in the afternoon. We made it to the pool a couple of times and even made it an extra evening with dad. The weather has been crazy hot that I'm not sure whether to stay inside all day or hit the pool.

The kids are starting to play together a bit more and more each week it seems. Samantha continues to be very protective of Blake and often tries to mother him even though Travis and I are right there. She is always concerned that he is going to get away from us. It never fails that which one is up first they go looking for the other in just a few minutes.

We enjoyed a busy weekend which started off with Friday night supper when we had a guest in. It just happens that the gentleman that is running the other nursing home that is affiliated with Travis' is a friend from my college days. In fact, I actually lived with him and his family for a summer. It was good to see him again and get caught up.

Sabbath we visited the Chapel Oaks Church again. We were so happy that we visited again and realized that we love the kids' Sabbath Schools. Blake's is excellent and though I didn't get to visit Samantha's I heard it was very good and she is still playing Sabbath School. We were fortunate to get invited for lunch and enjoyed an afternoon getting to know some new people.

Today we worked around the house a bit and then ran a couple of errands. As a special treat we visited Sheridan's Custard as I had heard it was yummy. Let's just say I'm not sure it's a good thing we have one so close to our house, it's delicious. I think we'll have to start taking all of our company there for a treat:)

We're looking forward to this week as BeBe and Papa are coming into town AND Tracy and Cheryl will be visiting us.

Playing at the playground at Shawnee Mission Park last Sabbath...

Helping mom with the salad for Friday night supper...

Licking the batter from Angel Food cake...

We enjoyed corn-on-the cob one night for supper...
While going through the basement we found one of my old toys that Samantha loves...

While out and about we enjoyed Sheridan's custard...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everyone looks great! Still can't believe you live so close. See you soon.
Love,
Mom Renfro

Unknown said...

Custard and cake batter! Two of my favorite foods :) Looks like you are having a full and fun summer!