One day Samantha was working at the table when I asked her if she wanted to do something. She said, “I’m busy.” She’s used it a couple of times since.
Monday we went to the library’s story time. She was excited to go to the library and hear the stories. She did really well there. I was a bit hesitant because it’s really for kids 3-5 but she was able to hold her own. I think it’s a great outing for us AND it’s in air conditioning!
Samantha has given up on her booster chair and her kid plates. Lately she wants to be like mom and dad and use our plates and sit in our chairs. It’s all about being bigger than she really is. She’s always wanting to put on deodorant, mousse in her hair, etc. etc.,
At bedtime we always say prayers right before heading into bed. Just lately I’ve been asking Samantha what she would like to talk to Jesus about. It’s fun to see her little mind work and so interesting to hear the things she comes up with. I had better not forget anything because she is sure to remind me!
Blake continues to grow very fast. He is sleeping through the night so well and most nights goes 5-6 hours between feedings. Last night he was especially tired and went 8 hours! I think he’s somewhat getting himself into a schedule, which helps me know what to expect of things although he only he cries he’s either hungry or sleepy.
We tried to get his 3 month pictures taken on Friday. Of course, the time I thought I had his schedule figured out it was way out of sync that day. The appointment was at 4 and he started to cry at 4:00 for sleep. Luckily they were running behind schedule and he got a short little nap. He wasn’t his happy self so we may go back this week and try it again.
Poor little Blake gets scared easily, especially around his big sister. She has a very loud voice and often he won’t be expecting her to use it. You can see his face start to pucker up and he’ll let out a huge cry!
My mom said she needed pictures of that great smile of Blake's we always talk about. Well, it's hard to capture because the minute you get the camera out his poker face also comes out. He's way to distracted with the camera.
We had a busy Sabbath with a potluck and supper with Scott, Christy and Kathryn. Samantha got to play with a lot of kids throughout the day. Both Samantha and Blake got shorted on their naps and a late bedtime but we feel you have to let it go every once in a while. While at Kathryn’s we took a walk around their neighborhood. Scott pulled a wagon with both girls in it and Samantha loved it.
We want to thank Uncle Paul for sending us Andrew Peterson’s awesome CD called “Slugs, Bugs and Lullabies” (https://store.rabbitroom.com/index.aspx#/details/af62206e-1c8f-48a8-95f7-bb8a76c2f8b9) (or iTunes, of course) He was right, it’s hilarious. I think Samantha loves the beat of the music and I am constantly laughing at the lyrics and can't decide which song is my favorite. We both seem to get a beat in our feet when we listen to it. Thanks Uncle Paul for the great tunes!
We had a busy Sabbath with a potluck and supper with Scott, Christy and Kathryn. Samantha got to play with a lot of kids throughout the day. Both Samantha and Blake got shorted on their naps and a late bedtime but we feel you have to let it go every once in a while. While at Kathryn’s we took a walk around their neighborhood. Scott pulled a wagon with both girls in it and Samantha loved it.
We want to thank Uncle Paul for sending us Andrew Peterson’s awesome CD called “Slugs, Bugs and Lullabies” (https://store.rabbitroom.com/index.aspx#/details/af62206e-1c8f-48a8-95f7-bb8a76c2f8b9) (or iTunes, of course) He was right, it’s hilarious. I think Samantha loves the beat of the music and I am constantly laughing at the lyrics and can't decide which song is my favorite. We both seem to get a beat in our feet when we listen to it. Thanks Uncle Paul for the great tunes!
Lastly, but certainly not least. Happy Father's Day to Travis. As most father's, he doesn't get the credit he deserves and we appreciate all that he does for us!
Blake in the Bumbo chair.
Showing us a decent smile...
Another pictures in the Bumbo chair. I promise, he doesn't spend that much time in it!


Coloring in her new coloring book she got from Aunt Jan...

Her first experience husking corn...

Signing dad's Father's Day card...
No comments:
Post a Comment