Sunday, February 24, 2008

Hair!!!

In the last couple of days Samantha has really started to put two words together when she talks. Yesterday I wrote down a couple of them and today she's added some more. She says naughty chair, stinky diaper(a huge help!!), help me and noisy workers (they've started to frame a house across the street). It's so exciting to see her really expand her language skills in this way.

In the evenings it's our routine to read her Bible lesson, a story and three books. This is the time that she and I rock together in the chair. I consider it a very special time and will miss it when we stop. I believe she also enjoys it. We've also started to spend some time there after her naps or when she gets up in the morning just talking.

Before Samantha was born she received a sheep bank. I had never gotten it out but this past week Great-Grandma J sent her a dollar. I decided we should put it in the bank so we went upstairs and stuffed it in. From then on out the minute she finds any money she says "baaaa" and wants to go upstairs to put her money in her sheep. So much for us getting any of the extra change laying around!

This past Thursday we had an ultrasound for our little guy. He is measuring within a day of my due date and is approximately 6 lbs, 14 oz (this can vary by 10% either way to actual weight). During the ultrasound we found out that he has hair! We don't know how much it will actually be but it was enough to show up. The poor guy was napping during the entire thing and the tech needed him to be wake up to see if could do his lung exercises. She tried and tried and finally had to get a little buzzer that woke him up. Apparently he was a bit scared because we got to see him blink his little eye when she put the buzzer on. We are thankful that he is doing his lung exercises!

The doctor said that everything looks great and we will meet with him again Thursday. I am getting somewhat anxious as I'm having off and on back pain and I waddle something awful. If I rest for a bit it seems to be okay.

Here is a video of Samantha from this week...


A picture of her brushing her teeth...


Rocking with mom (she rarely lays like this, mom's belly is too big!)...


Here I am at 38 weeks...


Our baby's hair...


Our baby's profile...

No comments: