Samantha has figured out a couple of things lately. We have egg shaped door handles on all of the doors. I chose these partly because of the looks and partly because I thought it would be a while before Samantha would figure them out. Boy, I was wrong. She has figured them out and can open the freely.
Samantha often will grab my cell phone to play with. She's figured out which button to push to get the picture taking mode on. She doesn't know actually how to take a picture but she enjoys moving it around and looking at everything through the screen. She's also learned how to use the shortcut keys to call her dad. We call him every night before going to sleep.
Christy had volunteered to watch Samantha this week so that Travis and I could go out. We so appreciate her generosity (she gives and gives to everyone!) and we enjoyed the break. Travis has wanted to see "The Bucket List" since before it came out so we hit the movies. Christy tells us that Samantha did great and the girls had a good time playing together. Thanks so much Christy for the evening out, we really enjoyed it.
The past week we finalized our plans for Trav's party. It's no secret that he turns 40 on Monday (the 21st). He didn't want anythings fancy and decided on a very LOW KEY event. We don't consider him over the hill by any means so there was no black to be found. Saturday evening we invited Scott, Christy and Kathryn plus Tracy and Cheryl over for supper. I had planned on either watching a movie or playing a game. We ended up talking quite a bit and the game didn't get started until at least 10:00. We had a great time (Trav says we need to do it more often) but I can honestly say I don't know that last time I've been up that late! I didn't get to bed until 2:00 a.m. but thank goodness Samantha must have known because she slept until 9.
During the party we remembered Trav's 30th birthday party. Scott and his family hosted a party for him while we were on Guam. Scott's dad had a karaoke machine which was used during the party (which Scott now owns). I think Trav's version of "Roxanne" will go down in history and if I had the scanner hooked up I might have even included a picture of him singing it. Anyways, I will always remember his 30th birthday because it was the first time that I noticed that Travis might be interested in me (he'll deny it to this day). As they say, those were the gold ol' days.
We want to wish Trav a very happy birthday. He continues to give his all for both Samantha and I and we appreciate all of the sacrifices he's made for us. We pray that the Lord will continue to lead in his life and give him many more years with us.
While cleaning out our storage unit we found the walker. Samantha thought she should try it out again...

She loves going up ad down the stairs and has gotten quite good at it...

Being so silly...

A birthday group photo...

Travis got some awesome gifts. This is a limited edition framing specific hammer (there is a long story behind it) but he was thrilled!

Kathryn had a good time...

And Samantha liked the blue frosting...
1 comment:
Travis,
I wish we could have been there to celebrate your big day. Happy Birthday and many more.
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment