Sunday, May 25, 2008

This week was a change for us. Travis started school, it's only eight weeks long but it's intense and compact which means we don't see him much at all. It's been especially hard on Samantha as she says, "Daddy stay home!" when he leaves. We talk about daddy going to school and she thinks that part is great and even wanted to go see daddy's school so we went.

Lately she has really been into microwaving. She will press the start button and it automatically starts up for 30 seconds. Lucky for me she's only put raisins in there so far and they didn't blow up!

BeBe and Papa have a step-stool at their house that Samantha loved using so when we got home she wanted to pull hers out. She uses it often now and is generally either in the kitchen or her bedroom. She uses the step-stool to get to the microwave.

It seems I am constantly telling Samantha to hurry up and sometimes I'll tell her, "go, go, hustle, hustle, hustle." Well, I regretted it this week because while she was in the tub one evening I was feeding Blake and obviously wanting me to come she said, "mommy hustle." I had to chuckle to myself that she used it and even in the right context.

She continues to amaze me sometimes because if I don't understand her she will re-word it so that I will. She said hammer this week which I couldn't get. She realized that I didn't understand her and made a pounding motion and said, "pound, pound."

Our little guy is quickly making my heart melt. Smiles come so easy for him. Often when he wakes up early in the morning I'll go to check on him and he greets me with a gigantic smile. I love to hear him talk and he's recently started to grab my shirt occasionally when I'm holding him.

Monday he had his two month check-up and he got a clean bill of health plus four shots. He weighed 12 lbs (60th percentile) and is 23 1/2 inches long (80th percentile). He did great with his shots-we did use some Tylenol but for less than 24 hours.

We have really been working on his neck strength and he seems to be getting so much better and can often hold his head up all by himself.

Getting tummy time and getting strength in his neck...


We have Blake join us at the supper table...


Sportin' shorts and a Sabbath outfit complete with shoes...



Just for fun I put Blake in Samantha's toy stroller (I didn't let her see me!) and then I caught him mid sneeze...


Samantha skinned up her knee this week...


Microwaving...


We started some seeds a week ago and we've been tracking their progress. This is the first one that really took off...

No comments: